Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fourth of July

On the Fourth, we spent the afternoon at Joe and Jonie's pool.  Then we went to Tommy and Brittany's house to watch fireworks.

Daddy getting Owen ready to swim!

Daddy getting Owen ready to swim!


Don't worry, Andy is just outside the frame of the picture.
Owen LOVES to splash in the water.  Don't worry, Andy is just outside the frame of the picture.

Since just about all of our friends are competitive, we see lots of competitions when we are at the pool...especially diving.  Kyle and Joe have perfected their "gainer" dives.  This is a dive where you face the water, jump in the air, and do a back flip before going into the water.  Kyle wasn't there yet when I had my camera out, so Joe decided to challenge Cody.

Joe's Gainer
Joe's Gainer

Cody's Gainer
Cody's Gainer

These pictures are the funniest, but by the end of the day, Cody was much improved.

After a while, we headed home for Owen to nap before we went to the Richmond's for fireworks.  We all pitched in and one person went and got the fireworks.  They were AWESOME!  Definitely the best non-professional fireworks I have seen.  Some were a little scary, but I am blaming that on my "mommy nerves."  The whole time I was devising ways to shield Owen in case of a wayward firework!  I couldn't get any good pictures of the fireworks, but I did get a couple of Owen.  I was afraid that he would hate the fireworks because he startles so easily.  I was surprised, though, because he actually liked them.  He was pretty enthralled by the first few, but then the glow sticks the older kids had caught his attention!

Owen waiting on the fireworks to begin.Owen waiting on the fireworks to begin.

Daddy held Owen once the fireworks started.Daddy held Owen once the fireworks started.

Joe and Jonie, thank you so much for sharing your pool with us.  Tommy and Britt, we really appreciate you guys having us out for fireworks.  We really enjoyed our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment