Sunday, March 22, 2009

Where have I been?

Good Question...As most of you know, Owen was born on September 18, 2008.  I was fortunate to receive 4 months of maternity leave, so I did not start back to work until after the new year.  As most of you also know, I worked from home.  I thought, "This is perfect...I can work and watch Owen!"  Well, that situation turned out to be not so perfect.  I found myself working all day long to work part-time squeezing in work between feedings, putting Owen down for naps, doctors appointments, and the ever-popular spit-up game Owen likes to play.  Then, once Andy got home, I got to wash bottles, do laundry, and if I was lucky, take a bath while Andy entertained Owen.  Needless to say, this lifestyle was stressful (returning to work with over 1000 e-mails and trying to do a full time job in part-time hours) and sad (I spent most of my day trying to keep Owen quiet so that I could work).  It soon became apparent that this was not going to work out.  Since Owen is my priority, I wanted to be sure that I was giving him the attention, stimulation, and love that he deserved.  I decided to turn in my notice at work about the third week of January.  "The third week of January was a long time ago...what has been going on since then?" you ask...Well, it turned out that a teammate of mine at work had just had surgery and was on medical leave for 6 weeks.  My boss asked me ever so sweetly if I could stay on part time until she returned.  You know me, can't say no, so I stayed on until the first week of March.  The last two weeks have been full of catching up on overdue housework, taking Owen to several doctors appointments for check-ups, and sleeping as much as humanly possible.

I will briefly catch you up on the happenings of the Sneed family for the first three months of 2009...

We spent New Year's Eve at the Gobble's house playing board games and eating great food.  We stayed out until after 3:00 AM, and I won't be doing that again for a long time.  It turns out that babies don't care how late you stayed up; they get up at the same time every morning!  Here is a picture of us ringing in 2009 as a family...dsc_0344

Next was Camden's Birthday Party on January 3...he turned 2 years old.  It was a really fun Thomas the Train party.  I believe the official theme was "Chugga, Chugga, Two, Two!"  We got some sweet pictures of Owen and Carter, his best buddy who is 6 days older.  Here is one of my favorites!img_6423

On January 9, Owen officially rolled over from his back to his belly.  For a while, he wouldn't stay on his back to sleep, but for about a month now, he has stopped rolling over onto his belly.  At least we know he can, and here is the proof!img_64331

On January 13, Terra kept Owen for me for a little while, and she got this sweet picture of Owen's little toes...dsc_0471

January 21 was Andy's 30th Birthday.  Man, he is getting old!  Owen and I threw a surprise party for Andy...I will do a full post on that later.dsc_0572

On February 1, we watched the Super Bowl at Joe and Jonie's after church.  We had a good time, but I don't even remember who won!dsc_0614dsc_0616

Owen is getting so big, he is trying to hold his own bottle.  He can only do it when it is almost empty, and he wants NOTHING to do with a sippy cup...img_6481

Near the end of February, we got a new camera.  My first order of business was to take some pictures of Owen's gorgeous eyelashes.  dsc_0030

Here is another picture taken the next day...dsc_00461

Here are a couple of other snapshots of Owen that I love...dsc_0109dsc_0092

1 comment: