Monday, October 13, 2008

Let's Start at the Beginning...

As you may know, we had a somewhat eventful pregnancy.  Owen couldn't wait to join us, so we went through quite a bit to keep him from being born too early.  On Monday, September 15, 2008, I had the stitch holding him inside removed.  Owen decided not to come that day, but he wasn't going to wait long!

On Wednesday, September 17th, I noticed that I was having some pretty intense contractions.  I had been having contractions for a while (read: months), but they were starting to get quite uncomfortable.  Andy wanted me to go to the hospital, but I was insistent that we would wait until my doctor's appointment the next morning.  So, grudgingly, Andy left me at home to fill up the van with gas, and then head to church. 

Well, Owen decided he didn't want to wait to go to the doctor's office in the morning...At 7:15 pm, my water broke.  Andy was supposed to be at church already, so I called his cell phone.  Turns out, he had just pulled into the parking lot at church.  My labor started on the same day that everyone started running out of gas!  Andy had stopped at Wal-Mart on the way to church to buy gas.  He waited in line to get to the pump, scanned his card, and nothing.  No gas.  The lady comes out of the little building and says that they are completely out of gas.  Then, Andy had to stand in line to get the credit card zeroed out. 

So, by the time he got to church, my water broke, and he needed to come get me and take me to the hospital.  However, we still had no gas! 

Andy finally found some gas at a BP on the way home, and we were on our way to meet our son!

No comments:

Post a Comment